I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
January 12, 2006
My Funky Beat
I swear I picked up somebody's evil ass energy. Because I know I was fine, even through the minor day-to-day bullshit that can occur in one's mundane life, I was fine. Now, I'm evil. Evil. Evil. Evil. Functional, somewhat friendly and still cordial, but underneath, evil lurks. I didn't even give an old lady a sit on the bus, she got one, but I wasn't getting up. Let all these men sitting down remember that chivarly is not dead. Stare them down if you have to, get your sit old lady, I'm evil today, and I'm not getting up. I always get up. This is definetly not me....

Only good thing is that I'm still "channeling" my energy toward the projects and things that I'm setting forth to do this year.

In getting my head together, I have some how taken on an somebody's funky mood. I know its not mine, feels to un-nerving to be mine, this energy I'm experiencing is the type that even simple pleasures can not cure... definitely not my energy, Who's ever energy its is.... they snuck it on me. My radar stays on with people, especially with people I know who got "funny energy". This radar is my protection shield, and it screams out: 'Don't go there $1."

Whoever it is they disguised themselves as happy, and I recieved them, thus recieving their suppressed negative energy.

Funny thing is, co-worker feels it too, she was fine, I was fine, we were fine. Two woman operation working with no real supervison, until "the reminder" shows up, that we're not quite running the show... that reminder being "Mr. Negative energy" himself (our vitural consultant know it all boss figure) showed up.

Ding! Ding! Ding!!!

I don't know why we didn't smell him coming. Maybe because he took a bath (he does not bathe on a regular, as penny pinching as he is, he's probably is trying to save water). He came back disguised as a refreshed jewish (non practicing) guy coming back from being on holiday in the UK, with visions of his home in the countryside freshly stained in his mind. But underneath was the same lonely unhappy, abrupt, parnoid, can't talk to ANYBODY like their not a third grader to save his life, evil spirit. Now I'm on the hunt for sage. Big time! I known I should of did my New Year ritual and go on my usual 21-31 day fast ( sometimes I only make it 21 days) and get my defenses super strong. Fasting helps me to think clearer, Faster. Unclog all thoughts that are tangled. Takes 3 days to get my body to understand I'm not feeding it, 7 days for my mind to accept it, and reward me mentally, by being strong. Above all, it helps me to home in all positive energy. Now to unleash this nasty ass energy, I have to first "identify it....." Done. And now get rid ot it, "effectively.' So yesterday I joined a gym. Tomorrow I'm in there.... to get my "nah-mi-yo-hey-reng-gay-ke-yo" on on the treadmill.

Hey if you can't burn a good sexual sweat and release, ain't nothing like a gym one... then I get my head back bopping to my own happy "funky" beat.

Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe1/12/2006 
31 Comments:
  • At 12/1/06 2:23 PM, Blogger Brea said…

    Hi Brookyln Babe! Happy New Year to ya! I've been away for a while and am sorry to hear you are feeling this funk. You are smart enough to recognize it and do something about - so I'm sure it won't last long. If only I could get my ass to the gym this winter...

     
  • At 12/1/06 2:58 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    That negative energy must be seeping through my blog. I think you might have caught it from me. Sorry. Maybe penicillin will help.

    KZ

     
  • At 12/1/06 3:49 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Im feeling the negative vibe but its coming from me.... Why you ask? Cause dieting brings out the grumpy bitch in me.



    I hope it gets better for you!

     
  • At 12/1/06 6:54 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    yeah...i love van hunt!!!

     
  • At 12/1/06 7:50 PM, Blogger Rev Island said…

    Wish I could fast for 21 hours, forget about 21 days. More power to you, BB.

     
  • At 12/1/06 8:27 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    i hate bosses. it seems like they ALL have negative energy. on the plus side, the gym thing sounds like a winner. i need to get back into that, too. thanks for the reminder!

     
  • At 12/1/06 10:31 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12/1/06 10:33 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    wow.

    and you talk about my abilities. how about i was in borders today, and someone was just KILLIN the atmosphere? got so bad that even when they left, it just lingered. the other two women felt it, too. i had to move elsewhere before it infiltrated.

    you gave me an idea about the fasting. i am going have to read up on how to do that safely so i can try it.

     
  • At 13/1/06 7:53 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    get it together gurl , do yah thing!!!! I feel ya on the negative energy, gotta just dismiss it! and them! ha!

    MORNING!

    ~D~

     
  • At 13/1/06 1:12 PM, Blogger Deelze said…

    You are not the only one going through a "funk" it seems to be an epidemic!!

    ~Smooches~

     
  • At 15/1/06 6:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That makes two of us, I'm just so @%*?@! cross these couple of days.

     
  • At 16/1/06 11:46 AM, Blogger Dr. Deb said…

    I've never done the fasting thing. I love my food too much. But I can imagine how it gets you focused in so many ways.

    ~Deb

     
  • At 16/1/06 3:37 PM, Blogger DramaFree said…

    Don't let Mr. Grumpy get to ya Ma! Channel that energy into your exercise. Never let him see you sweat ;)

     
  • At 16/1/06 6:17 PM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said…

    You're doing the right thing by channeling that bad energy. Once you confront what's giving you those vibes you can deal with it mentally and soon let the positive waves take over. We all have funks, ups and downs. It's a part of life. It's just how we choose to deal with them that changes the outcome. Happy 2006 to you!

     
  • At 16/1/06 9:02 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    The exercising should help ward off that negative energy, with a relaxed and rejuvenated mind. Most of us have been through that at some time or another.

     
  • At 16/1/06 9:09 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Word! On everything ya'll are saying... busting it out ...literally...lol
    thanks!

     
  • At 17/1/06 1:30 AM, Blogger Drea Inspired said…

    i hear that...nasty energy must goooooo!

     
  • At 17/1/06 7:59 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    morning gurl

     
  • At 17/1/06 9:29 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Wow, hon. You have really moved me. I went into a funk the midle of last week because of someone else's energy. Damn childish insecure grown-ass women. Anyway ... I need to concentrate on purification. I've been fasting but not allowing myself to reap the full benefits of it.

    Blessings to you!

     
  • At 17/1/06 8:43 PM, Blogger Jdid said…

    hope you can get rid of that negative stuff

     
  • At 18/1/06 10:44 AM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said…

    Girl, it had to be my evil "spirt" you picked up. I was some kind of hellish from Thursday to last night. I don't know what kind of funky mood I was in yesterday when this woman honked at me, cuz she didn't think I was moving fast enough to turn out of a parking lot. Unlike her, I could see another SUV coming around the corner really fast, so I wasn't budging.

    She honked again, so I motioned for her to come around. She flipped me the bird, I grinned
    ...then started laughing as she almost got hit by the oncoming SUV.

    I was WRONG WRONG WRONG!


    But it was funny

     
  • At 18/1/06 12:02 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    enjoy some private time like spa sydell...try that...hope that you feel better...

     
  • At 18/1/06 2:11 PM, Blogger Amadeo said…

    See that's why I'm careful about letting people touch my hair...don't need to catch a bad one.

     
  • At 18/1/06 11:02 PM, Blogger My-Conscience said…

    Rebuke it girl... get rid of that evil and FOCUS!

     
  • At 19/1/06 2:17 PM, Blogger VerseOne said…

    Negative energy can definitely taint the spirit. Exercise and meditation are just two things i tend to do to combat them.
    Don't give up the fight. Peace.

     
  • At 19/1/06 11:38 PM, Blogger MIZPOWDERPINK said…

    Girl you gotta bind that up in the name!

    I guess I'm late, but I love the new look!

     
  • At 20/1/06 8:14 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    miss you gurl
    hope all is well

     
  • At 20/1/06 6:04 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    thanks for the luv peeps...
    i'm actually cool n' mellow as cucumber, just not in a bloggin mood. Work load just picked back up...Plate full, head in many direction, ya'll full heads know how it iz.
    peace!

     
  • At 21/1/06 1:12 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said…

    Ooooh, damn, I liked that.

     
  • At 23/1/06 10:21 AM, Blogger The_Practitioner said…

    Would you like my Urban Book of Spells to combat the evil energy? ;o)

     
  • At 23/1/06 6:24 PM, Blogger Didi Roby said…

    I hear you here ma...just chking in for a bit:)

    Where can I find this song and or CD?

    Funky Spirit BE GONE!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape