I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
December 06, 2005
Kneck Deep In Thought
YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHAT YOU TOLERATE.
Today, comedy is not the remedy. Nope. Not at all. The flip side to a Sag, is either we extremely funny and direct; keeping humor in the middle of our names, or we're kneck deep in philosophical thought; getting our Erykah-Clapton-Cold-Play-Jonie-Mitchell on. Always thinking. Always contemplating next moves, phases, and evolution. Sure others sign can attribute to the same testimony, but to a Sag, it can be down right schizophrenic, when schemes and thoughts and, "what next" takes over; I think we invented A.D.D. life has got to be "hooked on phonics" interesting for me, if not, its just routine. I don't do routine (too well). Let other's tell it, I have accomplished a lot, let me tell it, I have not begun.
I often wonder will I ever stand still long enough to be happy "stopping and smelling the roses, routinely."

Then I had to completely honest with myself. I am happiest "moving;" (mentally and physically). I secretly crave to have a routine (with someone) but can it be a moving one?"
One can never stop evolving, I will never stop evolving. BUT,(and there's always a but) there are some things that I have not changed or moved on from because I tolerated it, from simple to complex here's my list of:

Things I have not changed because I have tolerated:
1. My schizo "neediness". I'm either a loner, or clingy. Help?!?!
2. My fear of committiment, I have been in some really great relationships, that I bailed on; fudged up and keep on the surface, what I say that whole "forever" thing scares the "guy" in me.
3. My sweet tooth, if I don't watch it, weight watcher will.
4. My income. (I've been decreasing in pay, but increasing in love for my jobs).
5. My wardrobe/energy. Its time for the gym again, I miss it (often).
6. My flaky friends.
7. My procrastination, I'm not quite the "on top it" person I aspire to be.
8. Late fees, I do so well, then slip.
9. Distance with my Dad, we have an estranged relationship.
10.Plaque. I dont see it, you don't see it, but my dentist see it, so I have been flossing "everyday."

I never do this taggin thing, but off the Blog Roll, I'm going to Tag: Organized, BQ, Zed, Pizzle and Chubby...
FOR THE REST,
IS THERE ANYTHING YOU HAVE TOLERATED IN YOURSELF,
THAT YOU'D LIKE TO CHANGE?
Go on tell the truth I DARE YOU...
Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe12/06/2005 
24 Comments:
  • At 6/12/05 2:23 AM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said…

    Thank you BB!
    I'm (for the first time) at a loss for words to post as the work load piles up...

     
  • At 6/12/05 8:54 AM, Blogger The_Practitioner said…

    Commitment scares the "Guy" in you. I like that. Well put. ;o)

     
  • At 6/12/05 9:40 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    All I can say is I feel you. I've tolerated too much as well, but I'm kneck deep in trying to climb out of this ditch I've dug for myself. And when you're ready, you will, too.

     
  • At 6/12/05 10:31 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    *roll call roll call
    *Whas up gurl!!!
    I have to say I am the first to bitch about my routine but then if something hapens outside the routine I get all messed up!
    I can say I am a closet routiner!!
    lol
    have a great day
    be safe
    D

     
  • At 6/12/05 12:46 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Thanks Chubby! Ur too much and a half lol!

     
  • At 6/12/05 12:47 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Wassup Danielle, hope you feeling betta ma!

     
  • At 6/12/05 12:55 PM, Blogger blackcaesar said…

    you dont seem to be tolerating plaque... flossing is intolerant. i have tolerated for too long ignoring my ambition because i dont want to be the "goody 2 shoes" or overachiever of the group. i hate making people feel inferior, even if they are...

     
  • At 6/12/05 2:09 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ black caesar, but don't you in turn make yourself, the inferior one when you don't "do you?" cause you wanna tolerate not achieving more for the sake of others (short comings)
    Hmmmm just thoughts

     
  • At 6/12/05 3:55 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I am the QUEEN when it comes to tolerating things in ly life....

     
  • At 6/12/05 4:46 PM, Blogger Deelze said…

    I just did it....I didn't tag anyone else. I don't want to get cut!! ~lol~

    I love your list, you had a few things on yours that I wanted to add to mine.....but I didn't bite them, I mean after all you did tag me!! *smile*

    ~Smooches~

     
  • At 6/12/05 7:25 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    i love this post. i can read about all of your faults while never having to reveal mine LOL

    seriously though, i could copy and paste your list to my blog, as i suffer from many if not all of those same things. evidently, we're 'sistas in trifeness'. LOL

     
  • At 6/12/05 8:25 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said…

    Lol at # 3. I'm feinin' for a donut myself.

     
  • At 6/12/05 9:23 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I have to say that I can and alot of your list to mine to.

    I tolerate shyt without even realizing that I do it. Its posts like this that bring it all to light!

     
  • At 7/12/05 8:12 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    wha sup B?

    Morning!

     
  • At 7/12/05 8:44 AM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    i relate to what you said about the commitment thing. i am trying, though.

     
  • At 7/12/05 11:08 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Morning Dee. I'll be right over...
    Wassup folks, how ya'll feeling out there.
    I'm "krunk!"
    (who made up that word lol?!?!?)

    @ Nikki.... U betta tell ALL!!!
    lmao

     
  • At 7/12/05 3:57 PM, Blogger PJ said…

    When it comes to admitting what's wrong with me, there's no one better at it THAN me. I'm on it.

    It'll probably be my post tomorrow. :)

    Holla.

     
  • At 7/12/05 4:36 PM, Blogger blackcaesar said…

    i always wondered if the water in broklyn was safe to drink...
    i lower my levels of ambition in order to make room for others to shine. i could shine in many ways, but having shotcomings makes me human. i'd rather be human than thought to be above...

    humility is a lost characteristic, especially in a dog eat dog world. that doesn't mean that i desire to be eaten as much as i desire to share the buffet. one does not have to be the top dog to be a leader. a leader organizes top dogs. i am a leader. someone else can be top dog.

     
  • At 8/12/05 8:09 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Roll Call.....
    Checking in w/Brooklyn!
    Whas up gurl!!!!

     
  • At 8/12/05 10:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It sucks sometimes when you have to tolerate certain things. But tolerance also heps to build character.

     
  • At 8/12/05 12:18 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Wassup Everybody....
    Dee I'll be right over, I'm all late for roll call lol.
    Dang. Work!

     
  • At 9/12/05 2:29 AM, Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy said…

    Oh dear, I could write at least six entries on this subject. The most maddening thing about it is that you're CONSCIOUS of these things you want to change, but you can't seem to do it. At least, I can't.

     
  • At 9/12/05 9:33 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Roll call
    whas up momma!?

     
  • At 9/12/05 9:53 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Wassup Dee...
    Its Friday and I'm Krunk!!!
    (2 day to my bday!)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape