I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
November 06, 2005
In the Court of Love
Prosecutor: BK Babe do you know why you're here today?

BK Babe: Ummm to be prosecuted?

Prosecutor: YES! You SEE your honor, she admits it! She's Guilty! She's Guilty as charged! BK Babe: I'm sorry your honor, what is it exactly that I am guilty of?

Judge: You're here today BK Babe to defend where you stand on LOVE.. Prosecutor: Yes, you've have been found guilty of committing a crime. BK Babe: Oh I see, and what crime is that may I ask?

Prosecutor: Don't play coy with the court Bk Babe, the court is well aware that you've been undergoing some changes in your life, as well as the women you encounter.

BK Babe: Change does not change until you change it.

Prosecutor: (continues) This court is also aware that many of the changes have been particularly in the area of love in your life, can you tell us what recently happened with your last relationship?

BK Babe: Well they say if you love something let it go, if it was meant to be it will come back to you, if it does not, it was not yours to keep in the first place.

Prosecutor: So..... what happened?!?

BK Babe: I didn't come back.

Prosecutor: You admit then that you bailed out on someone you claimed you loved!

BK Babe: Loved; But didn't like. I can not like someone who doesn't know me "really;" but I can love the world unconditionally (To the jury) You see, I made the mistake of getting with someone who really wanted to get with me, vs. me really wanting him in return, therefore it was not really mutual. In doing that, I did a big injustice to myself; just for the sake of having someone. I will never do that again.

Prosecutor: You say that with no regrets, to the court this maybe viewed as "cold?"

BK Babe: Far from, as a matter of fact I'm soooo warm with all the new possibilites and control that I posses right within my own mental grasp. I finally realized I had it along, that I can truly say unto a mountain in my life to move, and with no doubt in my heart my command will be obeyed.

Prosecutor: Are you admitting to the court that you are under some drug induce delusion?

BK Babe: If being high off of love and total peace within myself admist all the daily worries, uphill battles, conflicts and situations that may arise, where at the end of the day I happily shove to far corners of my mind in knowing that each situation will be resolved and conquered for the good; and give space to totally loving my life in that moment, myself, my friends, and my total support to my (next and final) companion and king; Then YES! I am whitney-houston-n-bobby-brown high right now.

Prosecutor: That's a lot of power one woman is claiming she holds.

BK Babe: Not one. ALL! Some just have not awakened their power as yet.

Prosecutor: So you're saying with this power you can conquer all challenges, like depression, surely BK Babe has a grey day or two ever now and again? Care to tell the court, how this so-called power helps that?

BK Babe: Gladly. You see there's this thing I do whenever I let life beat me up, or fill me with doubt about what I see in the mirror, or what's happening in my life. If there are any tears to shed, I first get that ALL out then I start with 10.

Prosecutor: Ten? Ten what?!

BK Babe: 10 fingers. Then I go on to 10 toes, then I count down to two arms, two legs, two ears, two eyes. As many of us still have the use of these, and skip over these blessings on a regular, because we're two busy wanting two cars, two new pair of shoes, two TV's, two Lovers, or for some TEN lovers... I humble myself by saying, somewhere out there someone would gladly trade places with me and the "minor" stuff I'm going through because they wish they had two legs, two arms, two...

Prosecutor: (Interrupts) I get the point, that's all great and holy Bk Babe, how very hallmark greeting card of you, but are you also saying with this so-called power you can control who you're next mate will be.

BK Babe: Oh no, that's fate, I let fate do it's thing, all I do is make sure I'm in a clear mind and space in my life to recieve what fate is about to bring, until then I'm be busy spinning wool and flax, just call me "Rubie." Prosecutor: Any prospects?

BK Babe: Two or one. Hard to say, we haven't hung in that capacity. Prosecutor: A-ha! So you do admit that you are looking for love? BK Babe: Nope! But its definitely looking for me. I DO admit I've ducked Love's radar a couple of times, got flippant, bailed, scared, turned down a few ex'es prosposal, ran out of relationships right at the on set of trouble, not stick-it-out-power-at-all.

Prosecutor: And now?

BK Babe: Now I'm staying put. When love hits me again, I'm going to be standing dead smack in that bullseye, with friendship as it always should be "first;" and my "sexy support" and loyalty quickly to follow. Prosecutor: So what should your next (and final) King know in order to get with a Bk Babe? BK Babe: He better know the power of two, or learn the advantages of it quickly as put by David's son on "The Advantages of Companionship (Ecclesiastes 4:7-12). Prosecutor: So are you one of these bible toting babes? BK Babe: No, I am "seeker-of-truth-toting babe," seeking a common deniminator; a philospher if you will... On given day I can be in the Quran, I-Ching, Budda or the Bible... truth (for me) is not just found in a Bible, or a church just on Sundays. Judge: Prosecutor I think we have enough to go on here, if you don't have any more question Bk Babe you may step down.

Prosecutor: I do have one more question, if it pleases the court, BK Babe are you wearing underwear in that picture?

BK Babe: (Stands, outrage) Your honor! Is the prosecutor badgering the witness?

Judge: Prosecutor, I'm holding you in contempt of court, after Bk Babe answers that question.......

BK Babe: Umm Can I have a motion to dismiss your honor....

Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe11/06/2005 
21 Comments:
  • At 6/11/05 6:20 PM, Blogger Didi Roby said…

    Ma! you are a freakin genious!

    I love this here post on LOVE:) I needed to read this here one for real:)

    I too am standing still and I hope that Cupid hits the Bulls eyes this time!

    Now about that panties Q...WTF?:)

     
  • At 6/11/05 6:26 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Hey one thing that won't change is my absurd since of humor... I do admit I am nut (at times)!
    Thanks!

     
  • At 6/11/05 9:19 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    I'm waiting on the answer to the question too.

    Great post. Very creative.

     
  • At 6/11/05 9:33 PM, Blogger princessdominique said…

    That was good. Great post!

     
  • At 6/11/05 10:58 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    loved the post set-up. loved the gems you dropped. your comments are still speaking to me.

     
  • At 6/11/05 11:12 PM, Blogger toneec42 said…

    What a creatively done post! And your words speak to me still. This is just on time. Thank you.

    P.S. Never tell; keep 'em guessing.

     
  • At 6/11/05 11:33 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    I really enjoyed that....almost felt like I was in that courtroom. Great story@

     
  • At 6/11/05 11:52 PM, Blogger Deelze said…

    Leave it to you to go the extra mile with your creativity!! *smile*

    You are the bomd gurl! ~standing with hands raised bowing to your excellence~

    One question though...do you ever wear panties!?!?! ~LOL~

    ~Smooches~

     
  • At 7/11/05 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As always...on point!!! :-)

     
  • At 7/11/05 1:51 PM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Bring them legs to my Tilt!

     
  • At 7/11/05 2:09 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    loved the post!!! Haaaaaaay gurl!!!!!!

     
  • At 7/11/05 2:58 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Great post... as always.

     
  • At 7/11/05 6:42 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said…

    Cute post. Keep the jury guessing on the panty bit...

     
  • At 7/11/05 9:52 PM, Blogger Drea Inspired said…

    "big injustice to myself; just for the sake of having someone. I will never do that again."

    Don't be in love with idea of being in love. I hear ya, sista. Do you.

     
  • At 8/11/05 9:46 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said…

    Thank you and goodnight!!!

    Wait Brooklyn I need you to stand up right now!!! We have a dilemma on the show and you have just been Subpoenaed to appear on the show!

     
  • At 8/11/05 9:47 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    I love what you wrote about the ten. That was deep and so true.

    My "relationships" tend to be very short. I don't hang around when I see trouble, not because I don't have the stick-to-it power but because I learned a very valuable lesson when I was about 19: God/Fate/Universe/Whatever-you-wanna-call-it will always tell you early on when a relationship isn't right. Whether or not we listen is on us. Well, I had an experience where I knew the guy wasn't right for me and I got with him anyway. And that has proved to be the biggest mistake and the deepest regret of my life. So now, as soon as I see trouble, I'm out.

    I'm talking about early on in the "getting to know you" stage. Once a true relationship is established, I believe in working through the kinks. But if I've only known a dude two weeks and I'm already seeing things I don't like, I'm out the door. Sometimes they're hanging on to the doorknob saying we can work it out and I'm like - Why? Fool I just met you! LOL

     
  • At 9/11/05 1:06 PM, Blogger chrome said…

    yay! babe u to cool 4 skool.

    yeah make love not war. what? sue me :)

     
  • At 10/11/05 8:09 AM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    That was very cool luv. But if you tell anyone that I was the prosecutor, it is splitsville between you and I. YOu can bet on that *ish* right now (adjusting my collar nervously)

     
  • At 10/11/05 3:44 PM, Blogger DramaFree said…

    Very creative indeed!

    BB, I want to be like you when I grow up lol.

     
  • At 11/11/05 10:35 AM, Blogger Dr. Deb said…

    I agree with the posters, very creative!

    ~Deb

     
  • At 13/11/05 9:39 AM, Blogger Abreu, Jorge said…

    That's whassup, I dug this post very much. I like the lil twist u put into it. Though I gotta say, they jury did wanna hearthe answer to that last question ya know... LOL!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape