I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
November 19, 2005
Love in Silence (Edited)
Just sharing some of my works blog peeps; and fixing a typo or two...
if I don't get to post/pass thru ur blogs before the holidays,
I want to wish you all a safe, and "lite-as-possible" holiday....
I'll be bloggin' to ya....
Rap-a-tap-rap. Bang! Rap-a-tap. Bang! Bang!
He banged the floor with the edge of the table announcing his entrance in that of an exaggerated cave man manner. A devilish grin completing his Morse code style as he stood their in silence waiting for her acknowledgement.

She slowly turned around with a coy but curt smile ignoring his barbaric gestures; she swiftly threw his favorite academia editorial morning read at him.
Startled, he nearly missed her pass, as he searched her face to see if his animalistic actions had displeased her. Seeing no signs of conflict, he proceeded to sit down and indulge in his educational commentary fix.

Eloquently she picked up a plate all dressed in satisfying Saturday brunch trimmings.
Salmon Crocquets, 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 cantaloupe slices, sliced strawberries with a dab of nutmeg vanilla fruit dip on the side; for him.
For her; she retrieved a nice vegetable souffle from the oven drizzled in cheddar cheese smothered with green peppers and onions, teased with slices of her favourite brand of "touferky" on the side.

She stamped her two feet in mimic of his barbaric Morse code, causing him to look up; she signaled with a nod of her head for him to come over to their breakfast nook that sat bathing in the afternoon sunlight. With eyes bright and fixed on the plate he disregarded his paper as if it was all stale news, and like a bull he charged towards his plate of edible pleasure.

As he sat down, she placed warm cinnamon toast; raisins pitted out for him, kept in for her, on his plate, the butter still melting into the crevices. Just as he was about to break bread, he gently took her waiting hands; as the two of them bowed their heads in silence to gave thanks, they both raised their heads in unison to feast.

As if struck with a thought he looked at her as if looking at her for the first time ever; all hunger placed on pause as he gazed into her eyes. Still no word spoken between the two, as their silence had a language of its own.
Puzzled she looked at him as he broke his stare and moved to action towards the fridge, coming back to the table with a concocted mix his fixed of Champagne, Mango Juice and a spritz of seltzer, she watched him masterfully cut the orange slices to adorn their glasses with.

"I thought we try something new." He signed with his hands.
"Funny, I thought we did that last night." She signed back; wiping fake sweat from her forehead.
A smile broke across both of their faces and they bowed their heads to feast and continue to love in silence.

Short Fiction "Love in Silence," S. Thorne, freelance writer for NAWS; Publisher October 1st 2005; series; prt MOOD SWINGS novella work Copyrighted (c) All rights resevered
Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe11/19/2005 
24 Comments:
  • At 19/11/05 10:39 PM, Blogger Deelze said…

    Wow nice....

    ~Smooches~

     
  • At 20/11/05 12:59 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    wonderfully done! you definitely have the gift of scribe. it was short, sweet, and was beautifully descriptive. write more so i can be blessed with reading it!

     
  • At 20/11/05 10:25 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said…

    Is this your work? Nice. Made me hungrier. I'm sneaking in a blog right now waiting for the wife to return with my Burger King breakfast sandwich, and now that does not even compare to this.

     
  • At 20/11/05 11:04 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Was the guy Savion Glover?

    KZ

     
  • At 20/11/05 12:30 PM, Blogger Didi Roby said…

    Wow! bottom of the ocean...

    Nice:)

     
  • At 20/11/05 3:44 PM, Blogger Dr. Deb said…

    How great!!!

    ~Deb

     
  • At 20/11/05 10:37 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    Your writings are very intersting. This was good...Now I am hungry....

     
  • At 21/11/05 9:35 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Great writing, BK Babe! Happy holidays!

     
  • At 21/11/05 10:02 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    whas up gurl!!! love the way you write and express shit!!! have a great monday!!!

     
  • At 21/11/05 12:17 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I really like this.

     
  • At 21/11/05 5:01 PM, Blogger SP said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 21/11/05 5:02 PM, Blogger SP said…

    Very nice. It made me wish I had someone to Not talk to in the mornings. Have a good couple of days off!

     
  • At 21/11/05 5:29 PM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Thanx for comming thru, I wasn't that bad was it? I'm feeling this work right here.

     
  • At 21/11/05 6:53 PM, Blogger princessdominique said…

    That rocks! When is it going to print!?!?

     
  • At 22/11/05 7:04 AM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    BROOOOOKlyn!!! Stop showing off luv. We know you're tight.. umm, having said that, can I get an automagraphed copy of your first print (smile)

     
  • At 22/11/05 10:30 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Shush Luke...lol.
    If I could I'd be throwing down with the drawing like you & Brotha Buck....
    (I can only make a good stick figure)
    So I write.... I write when I'm happy, write when I'm sad, write when confused.... I just love to write... I buy cards just so I can write to ppl... (I'm cheesey I know)
    And honestly all this writing is fresh, (I'm surrounded by muses such as yourself...people don't seem to understand how much of impression they can be to another person.... so I thank you (all)...
    I had been in a funk for a while, where I never finished anything , b/c I didn't think it was good; I was on some real procrastination out of fear... of doing something I *truly* love....
    Them "self-beat-ups" are the worst ya'll I tell ya....

     
  • At 22/11/05 2:46 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    so talented!

     
  • At 22/11/05 4:08 PM, Blogger Rambler said…

    that is good :)
    thank u for stopping by my blog :)
    i really liked this piece of writing... *s|gH* i wish i was good :(

     
  • At 22/11/05 8:17 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said…

    Very descriptive. I like that!

    Zed...Don't start!!

     
  • At 23/11/05 1:12 AM, Blogger Star Effer said…

    totally engrossing. you swept me up in this world. would def love to read more of your writing. thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 24/11/05 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn you go girl!!!

    It's me Coley!

    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! XOXOXO

     
  • At 24/11/05 4:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice one!

     
  • At 25/11/05 5:50 AM, Blogger Jdid said…

    nice oh and happy thankgiving

     
  • At 27/11/05 1:41 PM, Blogger MIZPOWDERPINK said…

    Very nice...got all my senses going. Hope your enjoying your holiday weekend.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape