I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
December 16, 2005
Gone DEEP Southern Fried Fishing!!!
Okay I'm ATL Bound... about to get my swirl on @ Green Apple on Main Street, my karoke @ Pepper's in Jonesboro, my Soul expensive Veg on, MY WEST END MALL stroll, my "COLLID PARK" hit up, MY "Decatur where its GREATER" pass thru, my Raheem's Fish Spot, (man to his have the best "fish salad" ) Getting my Memorial Drive on....LENOX MALL will see me Not! I'll be too busy and Dekalb Farmers Market, and hit up Lil Five Point boutiques and pop on in @ Sevenada......

But before I do all of that... I gotta vent, ok so here goes

START VENT NOW: Today after driving some miles to GA, I got a flat. Thank God not along the way.. I asked FIVE. Not one, not two, not three not FOUR but, F I V E brothas.

One couldn't leave the shop.

Two told me I was pretty, but he had to get back to work. Three said thru his cigarette pursed lips grunting, he too had to go back to work. Four told me he run his empty Payless shoe store. Five, well you get the picture.

Now brothas, I'm not saying ya'll not out there, but today... after some 900 some miles, "negative," damn sure I've been helped "plenty of times" from by brothas, but today, "negative." But I'm venting, not holding a grudge, just venting. I'm sure we (black) women, and women in general, have let you down in one way or the other, but all a sista wanted was "her doughnut put on."

Jill Scott song and summed this up best, BROTHAS matter fact ALL men, this is for you.....
can pay my own light bill baby....Pump my own gas..... in my own car ... I can buy my own shoe collection........I've been blessed thus far.......I can kill the spider above my bed.........Although it's hard because I'm scared............I can even stain and polyurethane............But some things just don't change I need you.....

Sometimes so hard to say......

I need you

Some things remain.......I can buy my own groceries baby.........Get my hair tight........, my nails right.......I can floss my own bling-bling..........Write the the words to the songs I sing..............I can even raise the child we'll make..........Make sure he's loved and knows what God gave us........I can teach him how to walk and stand.........

But I need you to help him be a man

We need you

Some things don't change....

I could be congresswoman or a garbage woman..... Or police officer.... or a carpenter....I could be a doctor and a lawyer....Or a mother and a Good God,... whatcha done to me Kind of lover I can be.....I could be a computer analyst....The queen with the nappy hair, raising her fist...Or I could be much more and a myraid of this.....Hot as the summer........Sweet as the first kiss..........

And even though I can do all these things

I need you

And even though I can do all these things

We need you

(And you need us too)

~Okay end of vent~
I'LL have limited comp ACCESS and I could use a lil net away time...
BLOG BREAK IN AFFECT STARTING NOW...
PEACE
Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe12/16/2005 
16 Comments:
  • At 16/12/05 5:43 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    This did teach me a valuable lesson:
    Got myself a automatic car jack, and 4 way lug wrench.
    And learned how to change my own darn tire!

     
  • At 17/12/05 2:24 AM, Blogger Rose said…

    That is so sad. I remember the day a black man would help you with almost anything...

     
  • At 17/12/05 6:11 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I am ATL bound Christman weekend myself. I am looking forward to and I can't wait!!!

     
  • At 18/12/05 2:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm glad you now know how to change your tire yourself. Now, you won't have to depend on anyone for help, but it's awful that you asked and they didn't hel you.

    Have fun in the ATL girl! Mi start already!

     
  • At 18/12/05 11:35 PM, Blogger Teej said…

    Well damn Gina! You didnt invite me to the ATL. Sorry about the brothers poor manners....I want updates when you get back.

     
  • At 19/12/05 11:31 AM, Blogger SP said…

    Girl, I'm glad you learned how to change your own tire. My daddy made sure I knew how before he would ever let me drive the car, so that I wouldn't get stuck depending on the kindness of strangers. These days, we can't depend on anyone but ourselves!

     
  • At 19/12/05 11:47 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    just wanted to say hi!!! im busy today and have a half day do Ill catchya tmorrow :)---D

     
  • At 19/12/05 1:08 PM, Blogger PJ said…

    Mmmmm...I love me some ATL. GREAT city.

    Sorry to hear about your flat. If that's the worst that happens, you should be in store for a good holiday...Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 19/12/05 3:20 PM, Blogger Abreu, Jorge said…

    Hey some brothers just can't get right...

     
  • At 19/12/05 6:55 PM, Blogger MZPEACH said…

    SING IT JILL!!!!!Love me some JIll girl!!!
    you hitting all the spots!!!!! I work in little five points!!!! Thanks for the shout out!!!!..lol.
    Girl, I feel you on the men. They get on my last nerves..lol. Makes you want to cry when they start acting like fools don't it. It's like, I am a woman going through something, and I can't get any help. Feel your pain girl.

     
  • At 19/12/05 9:37 PM, Blogger The_Practitioner said…

    Your evervescenet presence will be truly missed. ;o)

     
  • At 20/12/05 8:30 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    gurl you a trip!!! and damn that pic of that food got me hungry!!! laugh!!! holla when u can!

     
  • At 20/12/05 8:11 PM, Blogger princessdominique said…

    Girl it took forever for me to log on. It may be the video but sorry I've been away too long. Got your email. We probably need to hook up in ATL.

     
  • At 21/12/05 8:05 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    morning mama!

     
  • At 21/12/05 8:50 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    hey bkbabe...i feel you.

    don't want to come out like i am man bashing but really i understand where you are coming from, and i am glad that you learned how to change your own tire :).

     
  • At 22/12/05 8:37 AM, Blogger Jdid said…

    merry christmas and have fun in the ATL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape