I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
August 18, 2005
Call Me Sugah!!!!
Okay here's a quick Chemistry Lesson!
(Allow me to take you back for a sec, to some sh_t that you really didn't pay that much attention to in elementary school, and if you did, good for YOU! You may now move up to the head of the class, so we can throw some spit balls @ that back of your head! *jokes*) A solution is a mixture of a solute and solvent, you need one in order to "trigger" the other, so to speak. For example, sugar is a solute, and water is a solvent to sugar. Well Jumpin-Jehovah-Fats.... Just call me Sugar!!!!
I came across this reference in a book the other day, and I felt like f_kin' Neo just discovering the Matrix.
EACH one of us, is like that of "sugar," and we're all out there searching for a Solvent, something that will dissolve you, thus creating a new exciting mixture of "you." Sure each ingredient on its own, is unique within its own right, but how f_kin fantastic, that something can be added to "you" to develop a whole new you. Man I'm all about "new" me's.
For some of us, the solvent is right under our nose, within our grasp, or we're just being to blind to see, or plain scared to try a new "me" mix! And that's all fine and dandy if you want to make your solvent to that of a Romeo and Juliet tragedy, where love (water) will be the "dissolver" of you (sugar), or you'll just die....lol.
Meaning another human being is needed to dissolve you, but that type of mixture, usually comes after you've created your own mixture (sugar and water), thus mixing with his/her "sugar and water...." and if you're like me, many of us have be creating some "funky" mixes.
Applying the funky mixes I've made, to real life, looking back they have landed me in "undesirable" jobs, relationships, and bad habits, in which they all lead me to believe, that they all "dissolved" me, they were all my water. That if I just get this job, that shoe, this guy, that body, I would be dissolved.... but one good thing about chemistry, is that is all about the experiement!
And let's just say I have had some GOOD experiments, and some straight up WHACK ASS experiments! Lol.
Okay enough about me.....
Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe8/18/2005 
21 Comments:
  • At 18/8/05 4:54 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    What's your solvent?
    Fill in the blank
    If Sugar(solute) for me is __________ then
    my water (solvent) would be_________.

     
  • At 18/8/05 4:55 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    If "freedom" is my sugar, then "working myself" is my solvent! Nuff Said.

     
  • At 18/8/05 4:56 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Thought of one more... If "traveling" is my sugar, then "all expense paid trips" would be my water. (That and a "passport).

     
  • At 18/8/05 5:13 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Dam! I knew I should have paid more attention in Chemistry!!!!!!LOL


    Cool post, keep it up!

     
  • At 18/8/05 7:58 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    I am definitely feeling this post. It is so deep, yet so true.

    I feel you with the traveling. I have got to get out of New York again. I've been here for three months (which for me is a long time).

    If music is sugar, then a fantasy concert featuring Alicia Keys opening for Earth, Wind and Fire is my water.

     
  • At 18/8/05 8:21 PM, Blogger Campfyah said…

    cool blog...just giving some respect. Thanks for stopping by, I see we share a career in common. I have so much sugar, I'm overdosing myself..let's see, travelling is my sugar and Africa sometime soon will be my solvent

     
  • At 18/8/05 8:22 PM, Blogger My-Conscience said…

    Fill in the blank
    If success is my Sugarthen writing and completing a book is my water.

    And I definetly feel you on the freedom tip. I myself got into a small business and got a part time job that allows me to be as free as I wanna be..

    This post was the bomb. Creative and deep. Keep writing girl, you got it!! Have you written a book yet?

     
  • At 18/8/05 8:36 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ Me Crazy... in the works babes, in the works... all part of the Sugar. Lol. And thanks for the inspiration, and appreciation, ya'll help keep a sista going! Big Up to all bloggers!! (Don't care what cha' right about... within morals/reason of course).

     
  • At 18/8/05 9:15 PM, Blogger Jdid said…

    what if ya is a diabetic? wha ya gine do when sumbody suga hit ya water? go into a coma? :-)

     
  • At 18/8/05 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That right there was interesting. I don't know a thing about chemistry but it all made sense! lol

     
  • At 19/8/05 3:19 AM, Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy said…

    Cool post...but it's too early in the morning for me to think too deeply about my solvent :)

    Riesling is a sweet, white wine. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like yours, too.

     
  • At 19/8/05 10:11 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said…

    Love this post!
    Thanks for checking out my show and be sure to have a FOXY weekend!

     
  • At 19/8/05 11:46 AM, Blogger PJ said…

    Great post! I'm with HMH...it's early to be thinking this much, but you've made me realize how little I miss school! lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, too...wanted to return the favor. :)

     
  • At 19/8/05 12:05 PM, Blogger Amadeo said…

    I'm looking for something new to dissolve in now...hopefully it won't be another tainted mixture.

     
  • At 19/8/05 12:07 PM, Blogger Amadeo said…

    If imagination is my sugar than making my dreams is my water....perhaps I should have been more concrete...

     
  • At 19/8/05 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny thing is I really can never do the sugar and water mixture....mine turns out to be more like oil and water..two things that don't mix. I guess I truly don't allow myself to completely mix with anything else.

    But here goes if peace is my sugar then freedom is my solvent.

     
  • At 19/8/05 2:54 PM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    Hey miss. Nice spot you have up in here luv. I wouldn't expect any different from a Brooklyn Babe either. Thanks for stopping by the Splinter Cell and leaving your NYC -like scribes behind. They were very well appreciated. Lets see here.

    If Sugar(solute) for me is my "artistic expression" then
    my water (solvent) would be "endless creativity."

    How's that luv?

     
  • At 20/8/05 12:15 AM, Blogger Cutie Cola said…

    Very cool post.........I like!

    Okay, here goes........

    If success is my sugar, then graduating nurshing school with honors is my solvent.

     
  • At 20/8/05 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there!!! I just finally got over here to see your spot. LOL! Sorry, I'm hella tardy and ish... You are hilarious! I love reading your comments on peoples pages, so I don't know what took me so long to come say HELLO!!! Anyways, Wassup!!! Just passing thru... I'm rushed today, but I'll definitely be back to check you out lata...

    ~Coley

     
  • At 21/8/05 11:48 AM, Blogger Blogger said…

    Nice blog, and same layout as mine.
    Question, how do you post the pictures ? Cheers, P. Leno

     
  • At 21/8/05 9:13 PM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Flavor!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape