I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
August 04, 2005
Not the Monroe I know....
Today I went to go see a client who I'm going to be doing some promotional work for out in Monroe GA,I knew it was far, out there and a bit country, but I love the great out doors, country side... love horses, green pastures... and what they hey, I'm down for a nice afternoon drive. This city girl can switch it up even now and then.....Now for ya'll who don't know where Monroe GA is, get a map and I show you.....its a quaint lil town sandwhich right in between WEST and BUBBLE PHUCK. Now the only Monroe I knew before today, sits in bedsty brooklyn. It has traffic lights, and 3 story buildings, fire hydrants, and bodega on every corner, oh and not to mention PEOPLE!!!!!! Now nix all that sh_t, and welcome to Monroe, GA. "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." Not the kind of place you want to be after dark... as I'm driving alone this lone dusty road, its narrows, the paved road turns to a gravel, and Ford F150's become a blast from the past dusty blue pick up trucks, with white wall tires... a deep sense of southern patriotism blooms in the air... I feel like I'm deep in the heart of texas....lol. Country music blares past me like sirens on a fire trucking whizzing on by. I am in an episode of the Dukes of Hazard, some where boss hog, is sitting eating some chicken, and tell rosco to fetch him some more. I am not happy. Its dinner time, and I'm hungry, hot, and allergic to hay...

The sun has set, and the humidity is cooling down, I wish I could say the same for my pressure, because the deeper I drive along this lonely road, the fewer and fewer the houses get, the longer the spaces are in between each neighbor, which gives the appearance that you have no neighbors.... nice... but a lil too country for me...what was country "townish" is now tumbleweed, cows, and horses, and goats. Gases stations are now replaced with Horse stops, to tighten horeshoes... WTF?!?!? I keep looking back to see that Dukes of Hazard car in view, and daisy riding in her dukes. I finally find the ranch I've been looking for, there is no driveway, just a muddy trail up to a big wide gate, that encloses some horses, and a goat.There is no bell, well "formal" traditional bell, but a "COW" bell. To ring, in order to summon my client that I am here.The house sits about a half a mile away from me... how in the st francis is he suppose to hear me. I rattle and rattle that cow bell, I hope I don't get stampeded. Nothing happens.

After some longs moment of waiting, and watching the sun set deeper. My common sense wakes from its slumber. I hear a voice say.."Run Toto. Run." A smile returns when I see the first city traffic light some 30 minutes later. Man if I'm tripping off a Dukes and Hazard moment, I don't know how I could take it some 20 years back, same scenario, but it would seem like lil house on the praire then. Whoah?!?!

Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe8/04/2005 
10 Comments:
  • At 4/8/05 11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i know where Monroe, GA is. but wasn't it dope how quiet it was compared to NYC?

     
  • At 4/8/05 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thought humor...
    spit it out dude?!?!?

    whats up with the maulberry bush...
    lol

     
  • At 5/8/05 12:17 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Well Dr Howdy (aka Thought&Humor)

    Oh...I see... I got to spit it like this for "you" ;-)

    My enthralling moments of reposeful expression seem to be altered by tumultuous, that have now seem to off set the quiescent melancholy of this "intended readership" you speak up. For my weblog is as undistinguished as it is lucid. Nothing new.

    I revere humor and common sense, wrapped in words and offer no sanction nor elude any of the unbidden.

    Thanks for visiting.

     
  • At 5/8/05 12:26 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ brother omi.... yes the quiet compared to nyc, was serene, but I have grown accostum to that peace in much of my travel, so it was nothing knew... just new gravel. Feel me?
    You still gott explain pic.

     
  • At 6/8/05 11:30 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    I have a friend who lives in Jesup, GA. Compared to the way you described Monroe, Jesup is a thriving Metropolis.

    BTW, if you're ever in North Carolina, go to Edenton. That has small town USA written all over it.

     
  • At 8/8/05 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very interesting.
    reminds me of a similar ride i took once for a job interview in milesss outside city limits. i don't recall the town's name
    in any event, keep writing... i think you got skills kid!

    peace
    ku

     
  • At 8/8/05 3:15 PM, Blogger Disco said…

    Hey girl!

    O.K. I see since I was a lil slow in getting back with you, you figured out how to do stuff *head down in shame* LOL I will be much swifter on the reply next time! This post was hilarious! I'dda been madder than the Hatter.... fo real....so stay safe & keep ya cell charged just in case!!

     
  • At 10/8/05 2:42 PM, Blogger Allie said…

    oh my damn.

    i don't know what's worse - that i know where that is or that i've actually been there.

    stick to metro atlanta.

    we keep most of our roads paved here!

     
  • At 11/8/05 10:46 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Thanks All... but it won't stop me from going back... just got to remember to pack my "Dixie Chicks" CD, and toothpicks..lol.

     
  • At 12/8/05 2:49 PM, Blogger Nia said…

    "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." why did I say this when I left NY for GA..LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape