I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
August 28, 2005
Me 101 "Three Style"
Okay since a few of mi' blog buds, and beyond were candid and open enough to share a bit about themselves, and BossLady is the one signing my blog checks, I thought I'd be candid enough to share me in "three's" in a corky kind of way, cause hey I' like switching up repetitiveness, and pics help..lol so here goes. Puh-leeze bare with me ya'll, this kind of stuff is like standing naked in front a clothed crowd...... (oooooO i feel a draft....): Me PAST 1. i grew up in Bedsty Brooklyn 2. i use battle in block party dance competitions 3. i was the best "street" cheerleader on my block. (or so I'd like to think.... any street cheerers remember "ooo shoo wala wala) 4. i was always getting trouble in school for talking 5. Got good report cards, but slammed for talking 6. even when they moved next to the stink girl (you can't keep a good yakker down) 7. one of my favorite games was "Vextrex" 8.i also had a michael jackson doll 9. and Cabbage Patch named "Carrine" still have her baldheaded butt (i put real gold earring in her ears, gift from my grandma) 10 .m.j. was my favorite childhood artist 11.i cried when he performed billie jean on music awards 12. the first dance I learned was "the rock" (i still love "old" mike, this new one I havent a clue) 13. i went to school for the arts 14. i picked up my first bass guitar at the age of 11 15. i was in a band with emanuel lewis ("webster") (mannie said michael jackson was cool as sh_t)
16. writing is one of my passions
17. my third grade teacher pushed me told me to pursue journalism
18. i hadn't a clue about what he talking about (but i later learned he created a monster) 19. i studied opera for four years 20. i sat next to "Taj" from SWV 21. i was asked to auditon, but did not go for SWV (lee lee, could of been my spot) 22. i hosted my own radio show in college 23. i use to be in that b_tch in rain hail,sleet or snow 24. my show was called "bop your head to this" (i use to close out ever show with "Last Night a DJ saved myself")
25. i like spiders and snakes
26. my first pet was parkeets
27. i killed all of them
(accidently, I kept them too close to the heat)
Me Present 28. my biggest passion pursuit is voice overs 29. my first voice over was for spike lee 30. i got paid $25 a word ( yeah, it was only 3 words...lol!)
31. i have three things in common with mos def same bday,
32. same bday, same major, same crowd we hung in
33. we last ran into each other at pink tea cup in the village (mos and I use to do poetry at Brooklyn Moon cafe) 34. i am an early morning person 35. i get up early to meditate and gather thouts 36. on a good day i hit the gym everyday at 6am (sometimes, it hits me back to bed) 37. i gave up meat totally (again) on 7/31/2005 38. i can say I totally feel the difference, lighter, less impacted
39. i got tired of eating chicken EVERDAY sometimes 3x's a day (thought I was going to end up farting feathers)
40. i have a sweet tooth
41. i live for Miss Field's White macadamian nut cookies
42. my favroite quick snack is peanut butter and jelly
(the peanut butter has got to be "Skippy's)
43. breakfast is my most favorite meal of the day
44. i often eat breakfast for dinner
45. my favorite breakfast meal, is sweet bread with Bajan cheese
(the cheese had got to be melted)
46. i love wine
47. i have yet to go to a vineyard
48. love dessert wine best.
(wine is best in the winter)
50. i am not a big TV watcher
51. i watch on aver 2.5 hours of TV weekly
52. i just got cable for the first time this year
(i just started watching "Girlfriends", now that its in re-runs) 53. a few years back i thought i was going to "loose it "
54. i miscarried my first born, and was left feeling pretty numb
55. i cried until tears could not form anymore
( thank god for healing)
56. i am not happy in present job 57. it showcases NONE of my talents 58. i took a leap of faith and submitted my resignation (my last day will be friday)
59. i met my guy on nyc train 60. i was not attracted to him at all 61. then became intimidated by him upon getting to know him (and now I love that big cocky phool) 62. i dont mince words 63. i have been told that I have no tact 64. i always say its the curse of being a "Sag" (that, and no home training, lol) 67. i love to take pictures 68. i became a digital camera phanatic 69. i snapped pics of myself, and edited all the time (these are my eyes) 70. i hang out with Uhsista 71. i belong to a social group collective 72.i have met a cool group of new friends (uhsista is my first friend from Cali) ME future 73. i am learning to live beneath my means 74. i am tired of living pay check to pay check 75. i now i gotta find peter to rob him, just to pay paul (i feel i am closer to my break through, than I think) 76. i working on forgiving my child molestor 77. i never took on any of "his" stuff , to fuck me up in relationships 78. i never thought that is was me, or my naive fault (no that nigga, is just fucked up, i was only 6 yrs old) 79. i want to have children sooner than later 80.i keep pushing it to later, as i still got goals to meet
81. next year I plan to go to India
(now if I can just find the loot)
82.i used to be scared of success
83. i feel like i am a very talented individual
84. who was sitting on her talents
( i think I got a personality that shines)
85.i am serious when I say I want to be the next Oprah
86.i believe when you decree a thing, you birth it the way you want it
87.i am decreeing a thing
( i have sat in foolish fear long enough)
88. i am a work in progress
89. my biggest enemy has been inner me
90. i want to get a jeep
91. i like to sit high and pretty
92. i want to first pay of my car
(which is no time soon)
93. i plan on going back to school again
94. i plan on conquering my battle with math
95. i want to get my masters
96. i am a complete nut
97. i would die if there was no humor
98. love humor in a guy (gal too)
(if I can just strike my guys funny bone)
99. i am a compassionate person
100.i am constantly evolving and shedding layers of me like an onion
101. i often shed "happy" tears along with them too
( i was earlier as I wrote some of this, thank you all for reading)
I hope I have abused no one attention span!
( but somebody out in blog land, made this shit 101?!?!?!? lol)
I just wanted to obliged, and show some love back for the folks who shared with me.
Night!
Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe8/28/2005 
27 Comments:
  • At 30/8/05 2:39 AM, Blogger My-Conscience said…

    Speechless......

     
  • At 30/8/05 2:41 AM, Blogger My-Conscience said…

    I have a lot to say & ask. we have much in common. Will you be at the blogger meetup?

     
  • At 30/8/05 8:52 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said…

    Love this post.
    Very creative spin on a common concept! Snaps to you
    Be sure to stop by and play the numba!

     
  • At 30/8/05 10:08 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Thats was cool! We have a few things in common. thanks for the peek into YOU.

    Stay cool !!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 30/8/05 10:18 AM, Blogger Jdid said…

    thanks for the info. another sag with no tact hmmm ok i'll use that excuse too

     
  • At 30/8/05 10:56 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said…

    I dig this, your concept is hella cool. Maybe I should do something like this. But, I appreciate your honesty, thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 30/8/05 12:32 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Great list BB and great eyes, but for goodness sake, you gotta put the legs back somewhere. Please?

     
  • At 30/8/05 1:03 PM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    Hey dear. Nice list. Questions for ya. What kind of writing do you do? Which kinds of spiders and snakes do you like? I love 'em both. -I'm feeling the Skippy reference! (yummmeee) I admire your non-tv fortitude. God bless your forgiveness, that's cool. I too would die without humor. P.S. you left one thing off of your list. You're da Bomb! Nice job BB.

     
  • At 30/8/05 1:44 PM, Blogger princessdominique said…

    Those shoes are hilarious!

     
  • At 30/8/05 3:07 PM, Blogger Campfyah said…

    Nice 101 sharing. I'm totally feeling you on #41. I've never tried the melted cheese though.

    Are you a Bajan?

    Forgiveness is the best healer. Keep working at your goals, Oprah needs a replacement soon.

     
  • At 30/8/05 3:48 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    yeah i was diggin' the shoes too. i loved your post, all of it.

     
  • At 30/8/05 4:15 PM, Blogger UberGoober said…

    Gotta love those shoes, but I don't think I could pull that off.

     
  • At 30/8/05 4:28 PM, Blogger Amadeo said…

    That Sag things is just honesty...no matter what anyone says...they just can't handle the truth.

     
  • At 30/8/05 9:57 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    Thanks for sharing. I like how you take an idea and make it your own. This is definitely a refreshing spin on the 101

     
  • At 31/8/05 12:16 AM, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said…

    97. i would die if there was no humor
    98. love humor in a guy (gal too)

    Should drop by ma blog then :)

    Just glanced your facts...lemme read further

     
  • At 31/8/05 12:31 AM, Blogger -_- said…

    lol'ing at #96... I hear ya sis...so am I! Don't be scared! (laughing)

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate the comments. Keep the faith!

     
  • At 31/8/05 12:34 AM, Blogger -_- said…

    oh and I'm loving the Missy video...THROWBACK! When Timbaland still was a lil' chubby and FINE AS HECK!

     
  • At 31/8/05 4:07 AM, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said…

    81. next year I plan to go to India
    Is it?
    Waaaww...
    I hope you enjoy your stay here and have an awesome time :)

    84. who was sitting on her talents
    ROTFLMAO

    54. i miscarried my first born, and was left feeling pretty numb
    55. i cried until tears could not form anymore

    Ohhhh boy :(

    i have a sweet tooth
    Hmmmm :)


    Hey...brooklyn babe...those were some amazing facts from ur side..and on my first visit to this blog..I gotto know u a lil bit more
    Take care and have a nice day ahead...
    Greeetz!!

     
  • At 31/8/05 10:46 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said…

    I'm like VISA baby!
    Everywhere you want to be!
    See you on the show

    -e-foxy

     
  • At 31/8/05 2:10 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    ill definitely be back, love yah blog gurl.

     
  • At 31/8/05 9:45 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Thank folks! Glad ya'll didn't mind looking at me butt naked lol
    PEACE

     
  • At 31/8/05 10:07 PM, Blogger Didi Roby said…

    Girl this post is awesome!! I love how different you came on this concept. You gots skillz and talent yo!! :)

    Now about Mos......Imma need a hook up like ASAP!!:)

     
  • At 31/8/05 10:08 PM, Blogger Didi Roby said…

    Girl this post is awesome!! I love how different you came on this concept. You gots skillz and talent yo!! :)

    Now about Mos......Imma need a hook up like ASAP!!:)

     
  • At 1/9/05 11:53 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ eyeneye... aint reflecting (on yourself) some eye opening sh_t. Pun intended! Thanks!

     
  • At 1/9/05 8:58 PM, Blogger Disco said…

    #33...DAMN I miss the Pink Tea Cup.... that's my breakfast spot whenever I'm in NYC.... love it....cool list!!

     
  • At 7/9/05 11:49 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @Uhsista.... GRASSY-ASS dah-ling, like I said b4, you and Nia got me hooked... I'ma call ya'll Nino Brown Mamas.... lol

    Miss YA!

     
  • At 15/9/05 7:47 PM, Blogger sj-the-infamous said…

    Wow Su...fascinating way to get to know YOU!

    Peace and Blessings ~ Morena

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape