I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
October 20, 2006
Jane, Can't Stop this Crazy Thing...
Saw this DUDE light up a crack pipe the other morning. Bright an early sunny morning too. At first dude threw me through a loop, because I didn't think it was the obvious. He was sitting on some middle school steps (funny the school for the mentally challenge...hmmmmm???), with no shirt on, no shoes, and hair wild like Maxwell. Pretty fucking smile, nice teeth, couldn't tell if they needed brushing, but as smiles often do, I got high, and passed the smile right back to him. That's when I noticed the pipe????? Damn.

Dude was fixing to fire up in broad day light, in fact he was already zooted, already "there," he was already..... gone.

Sad, it was the first time that I saw something and didn't have an emotion, my shit was completely mute, like "what the fa....." I couldn't even finish with an indignant curse word, because I didn't feel any sense of agititation. Dude LOST me... placed my emotions on pause, I felt like I was floating in his abyss, and all of this was in the few seconds of me walking by him, and him still laughing. I felt like he was laughing at me, with me, through me. And I could nothing to stop him. It was the first time I wanted to join someone, join him, join this ride, see where he's at. But then how the fuck would I come back????????

So I stayed, stayed right there, walking by him, with his no shirt on, no shoes, pipe, beautiful smile, and wild hair. And kept moving in slow motion.

When I looked back, he was looking right at me.

Pipe in hand, fire ready.

Damn.
Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe10/20/2006 
16 Comments:
  • At 20/10/06 11:46 PM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    Loved the ol' skool title reference to MC Shan's "Jane, Stop this Crazy Thing" - When that crack came on the scene in the mid-80's, it ran amuck taking families, communities and dreams right along with it.

    As powerful as that crack cocaine is, it's strength lies in its abuse because it produces that getaway high and because its so easy and inexpensive to both take and create. - it just renders that shit available and affordable for consumption. I saw a vagabond using a crack pipe in the ATM area of a bank once.

    He had no shame whatsoever as people conducted their transactions around him. Plus, You never forget that smell too. Like burnt garbage.

     
  • At 21/10/06 12:15 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    There is no such thing as "shame" when one is lighting up a pipe.

    No such thing as dignity, pride, respect, or courtsey.

    Drugs are no respector of persons, its is the ultimate controller, and all users, must surrender.

    bK bAbe

     
  • At 21/10/06 12:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    As they say prevention is better than cure, Say no to drugs! That's my advice for anybody thinking about trying it. That's a slippery downhill road to destruction...just pure destruction of mind, body and soul!

     
  • At 23/10/06 1:20 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Yup Stunner... an ounce of prevention, prevents a pound of cure.

    But I think many folks feel, they can cure themselves.

    Like a lot of cig smokers, say they can quit when they want, but in truth, it really takes some effort to stop.

     
  • At 24/10/06 8:48 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    I often wondered why there were new drug users when it was apparent that once you start, it is the hardest thing to do trying to quit. A user once said to me that the user always believes that they are strong enough to use and quit. What stupidity to me? If everyone is saying that, looks like the next person would just walk away. I have nevered desired drugs.I have always witnessed it destruction. Even in high school, all the folks using, were doing poorly in school and had dropped out or were near it. When I see some of these same people, who are now in their 40's they are still drugged out. Finally the best prevention is never starting. Great post!

     
  • At 25/10/06 12:56 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ Rose.... SO TRUE!
    There is no reason why we're seeing, 50 yr old crackheads.
    Evidently, they couldn't kick it, funny... I often hear smokers say the same thing.

     
  • At 26/10/06 5:02 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    yeah i about to say something about the smell. it would seem to me that the smell alone would turn anyone off to trying it, but everyone has a different motivation.

    my emotions muted as i read this. it is hard to act like something is okay just because a person feels that it is when you know otherwise.

     
  • At 26/10/06 10:18 PM, Blogger Rev Island said…

    Hey BK, have a great weekend.

     
  • At 27/10/06 3:50 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ K... they know other wise too. Many just choose to ignore.

    @ Ri.... You too! Thanks.

     
  • At 31/10/06 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if only you weren't so curvy.

     
  • At 31/10/06 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy halloween! :)

     
  • At 31/10/06 9:02 PM, Blogger DramaFree said…

    that was a hot mess!

     
  • At 1/11/06 2:27 PM, Blogger Amadeo said…

    I remember being little and seeing some guys snorting coke on the steps of the early morning carryout spot. I couldn't believe it. I knew about drugs, but seeing someone doing it...outside!?!? The only thing comparable now is when I find out about someone my age on it. My thought is we know about junkies...how could you have started that?

     
  • At 4/11/06 12:52 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ Amadeo... fo' real, its like if you know better DO better!
    Damn.

    Okay, I often update this blog mentally... but got to work on actually do it.. PHYSICALLY, LOL.
    Ima work it out.

     
  • At 6/11/06 11:33 AM, Blogger Jdid said…

    i feel sorry for some of the drug addicts i see wlaking our streets here. they are so messed up. lost all control. how do you get to that stage

     
  • At 7/11/06 10:14 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ Jdid... no doubt.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape