I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
June 16, 2006
Savor the Flavor.
Ten years ago. I nearly died.

If hadn't been found by a very special person.

No Bk Babe would here today. Or I would probably be a vegetable if I were not found.

Funny. That near death experience is hard to remember.

Being so close to death... and not even having a clue.

A TRUE LIFE SAVER.

And now...

Ten years later. That person is gone.

And Bk Babe could not return the favor.

All I can do is

Savor the Flavor...

of our memories.

And I want to THANK them, for saving my life!

I want to thank them for even being in my life, to save my life!

I want to THANK them for having life, and having it more abundantly.

Today I get to say my FINAL thank you in person... what a hard "thank U" to say...

Life is funny. Its sends out no post cards, or bill collector reminders, to tell the end is near. I would of never known just bumping into this person just 3 short weeks ago, ALIVE and well. That they would not be here to day. You know even if life did send out calls like that... we still would not answer; after all... who wants to answer "death?".... You've seen how the Grim Reaper gets treated... he's not getting any invitations.... but somehow some way.... sublimal messages are sent to our subconsciousness... and those messages *nag* and *tag* at us to reach out and CONNECT.... and just as with the many "to do" task on our list, we put it in that LATER box. Now I've learned sometimes LATER never comes....

Rest in Peace

Mi Tia...

(my auntie)

January 23, 1952 - June 11, 2006

"These tears I shed, are happy ones..."

I HAVE DEDICATED THIS PAGE TO YOU....

I hope to see you again...

MUCH Later.

With Much Love,

Bk Babe

(still shedding..)

Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe6/16/2006 
28 Comments:
  • At 16/6/06 12:09 AM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    She saved your life for a reason. As beautiful as this tribute was, the best thing you could do for her is to keep her spirit going in you and live your life for her. Sorry to hear about your loss.

     
  • At 16/6/06 11:43 AM, Blogger Brea said…

    Sorry for your loss. What a great page to dedicate - a reminder for us all to stop putting off things that tug at our hearts and minds.

     
  • At 16/6/06 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry to learn of your loss but what a blessing in life.

    -B

     
  • At 17/6/06 1:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry to hear about your loss.

     
  • At 18/6/06 4:57 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Thank U.
    Much betta 2 day.

     
  • At 18/6/06 5:57 PM, Blogger chrome said…

    we share your grief. I've been in a situation where i could return a life-saving favour.

    may your Auntie rest in peace

     
  • At 18/6/06 10:28 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said…

    So sorry. A beautiful tribute.

     
  • At 19/6/06 6:14 AM, Blogger Jdid said…

    my deepest condolences.

     
  • At 19/6/06 7:14 AM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    Heartfelt condolences luv, and Godspeed to your Auntie. You did her proud with this tribute.

     
  • At 19/6/06 11:32 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Obi, Buck, Jdid, Luke

    Appre-ci-love ya... fellas... thank U, for your kind words.
    Slow come around, slow come around....

     
  • At 19/6/06 11:46 AM, Blogger SP said…

    Babe, my heart goes out to you. Your Auntie was watching over you then, and she will always be looking out for you.

     
  • At 19/6/06 2:49 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said…

    Sorry to hear about your loss...but like you said, your memories with her will make her live forever in your heart. Now make sure you live your life in a way to prove it was worth saving.

     
  • At 20/6/06 8:48 AM, Blogger princessdominique said…

    Sorry for your loss. I know how important people can make such a difference in our lives. Hang in there.

     
  • At 20/6/06 10:53 AM, Blogger Campfyah said…

    What a wonderful way to remember your aunt. We should all listen to your word,a n don't hold off thing. Just do it

     
  • At 20/6/06 6:35 PM, Blogger Didi Roby said…

    Always something different...love it ma!

     
  • At 20/6/06 7:17 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    i thank her for saving you because your presence here has saved many of us. you have lifted my spirits more than you know, sista.

    your continued growth is the best tribute she could ever receive. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

     
  • At 20/6/06 11:52 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    SP,Truth, Princess, Campfyah, Didi, Nikki....

    Queens... thank U for sharing in this tribute with me.

    I love my Auntie.

     
  • At 21/6/06 12:53 AM, Blogger Rose said…

    I believe that people are put in our lives for a reason and a season. She is still looking out for you, she was your angel then and still now. Sorry for your loss but I know that your memories will live on.

     
  • At 21/6/06 8:29 PM, Blogger Drea Inspired said…

    Such beautiful words. I know you love her but God loves her best. May she rest in peace.

     
  • At 26/6/06 3:05 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said…

    I'm definitely soory for your loss.

     
  • At 26/6/06 5:25 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Sorry for your loss BK. It seem your guardian Angel has returned to heaven.

     
  • At 27/6/06 12:43 AM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said…

    That was a beautiful, powerful post.

     
  • At 27/6/06 1:21 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    Great post. Makes you thankful for what you have today.

     
  • At 28/6/06 12:56 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    i am sure that your auntie knows what a gift she gave to you and how much you appreciate it. loss is hard, but it's only in the physical.

     
  • At 8/7/06 11:16 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    GRASSY-ASS!
    everyone.....
    i'll be around..

     
  • At 10/7/06 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i know it's late... but i'm sorry for your loss

     
  • At 12/7/06 8:51 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    Beautiful....

     
  • At 13/7/06 6:40 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Appreciate cha... late comers and all.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape