I am from the Do or Die... Never Ran. Never Will. (Unless of course... they shootin') Easy!"
May 05, 2006
Think I'll even Blog Today...
Woke up on the Sunny Side of the Bed this morn'....

Sup Bloggers... It's been a minute, still here, just gotta take bloggin in waves, BIG waves. I intend to stick to my goals, and new years plan, and for me, So in essence..its still the new years... but one Blogger I definitely got to shout out, cause he's reads definitely keep a sista connected to bloggin and entertained at times.... is Organized Noise.. brotha musta be taking Bloggin Class...lol! And don't think I haven't peeped that Mshim... has come up with some spicy tid bits too... so I will be making my broad bloggin rounds today... cause work is mellow at the moment! Yes!

I don't know why I'm in such a good mood... but I just am. Actually....you shouldn't even have a reason to be in a good mood... Good moods should be undefineable just like this. Truly...

Where something didn't have to "happen" in order to move you there. You just wake up.... and BAM! You're happy.... such is this day/week, considering..... things can always be better, but thank GOD there not worse.... but in all honesty I can accredit some things to my good mood today, so here's a blessing count this week:

- Mom surprised me and placed $100 "for-no-reason-lil-gift" in my account, that was a nice surprise... God bless mommies.

- My biological Dad gave me a nice shout out, we use to be thick as theives, but time, distance and my "hair" had seperated us, (my Dad hated when I grew locks) and here I thought it was because I started doing the "do."

- After a few *Ouch* tickets and my car being towed some weeks back... where NO sign was posted... I finally went and saw the judge, beat my tickets, got my $$$ back, small victory for the home team. NYC is no place for cars! But everybody got one... it seems. And the NYC tow team, are like the mob... Vick your shit, and pay us to get it back!

- Something is definitely brewing in the love dept, but I'm not doing any stirring, I'm leaving the UPstairs hands. Nuff said.

- I have quit my pro bono work as a uncertified therapist of being a "sponge" for hearing people and there problems, last 2 months I was so drained by being "Miss Listen to Everybody" that I had to put the brakes on all of that... and you know what... it feels good. Silence is good. Listen to your own voice folks! I do... (but I can't say, I have not been "Miss Please Listen to Me" too, so I'm not going there).

- Kobe Bryant brought the SMACK down last night with 50 points. YO! I have a new found (once) again respect for that cat... He does COCKY well! A lot players wanna knock him b/c Kobe didn't earn his "street" credit in no concrete jungle court. Okay, given. Kobe was quite polished with Dad sending him off to Italy to "train" to play ball. But you can't deny... its innate in that fine specimen of a man... and it just goes back to it ain't where, you from, its where you at.

- Finally seeing a lil results in the work out dept, I have being doing at least 3 miles a day. Which some days can seem like 10 miles. And let me tell ya... that aint no joke. I would like to train for 5k. But we all know how it goes with "likes.." lol. So I'm keep it at just a "like!"

Lastly, FREE L'IL KIM!!! Just becasue we don't like what she did to her face, does not mean that warrants a year in jail... Plus, this track is hot! Lil Kim took it back to ole skool, with the "No Snitching" too many turn state's evidence on they grandma's in a minute...lol.... yeah, yeah, she lied, we get that, so does the Gov't... but half of them aint in jail because of it...

Be Easy,

Bk Babe

Sssh! she's writing.. brooklyn babe5/05/2006 
20 Comments:
  • At 5/5/06 1:56 PM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    Hiya Brooklyn. Did'ja peep the Lil Kim miniseries on BET? Not exactly groundbreaking but it brought a little insight to the everyday life of Kim leading up to her incarceration. With that aside, glad to hear that you're in a good mood. That's the way it should be, besides a smile gives your face a little something extra and special to do. Good luck on the Loooove dept. Happy Frankday.. um, I mean Friday! Holla luv...

     
  • At 5/5/06 2:18 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Sup Luke in the Cage...


    I don't watch BET! Don't insult my intelligence span like that... lol.
    The only thing worth on BET to watch is the reruns..

    I gave you a TXT shout out, you know you got like 8 cell phones, so give a holla when U have a min!

    Thanks I'm finish enjoying my Frank-day! Lol
    Lata

     
  • At 5/5/06 5:17 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Welcome back !!!!!!


    Glad to here that things are going well for you!

     
  • At 5/5/06 7:18 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    You sure as hell know how to put pressure on a guy. I've been trying to do my thing; just posting the things that are going on in my world. Glad you enjoy what you're reading and thanks for the shoutout.

    Glad to hear things are going well with you. Hopefully that continues

     
  • At 5/5/06 11:49 PM, Blogger Luke Cage said…

    ARRGGHHH!!! I am so ashamed that I got talked into watching something on BET. And yes, I should be reprimanded for insulting a sista's intelli... what the heck was that all about luv? I'll tell you one thing. The channel to peep right now is TV-One. Just got it on ComCast down here in Va. It's da sh@#!

     
  • At 6/5/06 10:17 AM, Blogger Salsa said…

    Hey girl how you doing? Well I guess by now you know I'm back and will be checking yall out very shortly.

    ...Of course you can add me to your blogroll, I don't promise to post every day but I am going to keep the blog.

    Hey Sir Luke, How you are doing sweety? drop by and visit a sistah!

    Organized Noise--Hey, hey, hey...I will be over to visit.

    Yall have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

    ~Ciao

     
  • At 6/5/06 10:30 AM, Blogger Drea Inspired said…

    Hey, BK babe! I watched the lil Kim locked down thing and I really felt bad for her, but she kept it together for the most part. Hopefully, she'll be released soon.

    Keep workin' on those goals...and when you leave matters to the man upstairs, they work out the way they're supposed to. Blessings, babe!

     
  • At 7/5/06 4:10 AM, Blogger Rose said…

    I have to check it out. Keep forgetting she's on. You are definitely right about so many lying and cheating but not locked up. Look at the President's circle...You know what I mean!

    Kobe is a great player but he seems to have the personality of a mop (wet, dirty and dangly).

     
  • At 7/5/06 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good to hear things are going great!

    That's it girl win your case and keep your doe!

    Congrats on the 3 miles, I can't even do 10 minutes good on the incline treadmill. Keep it up.

     
  • At 8/5/06 12:09 PM, Blogger The_Practitioner said…

    Iz Brooklyn In The House?

    Welcome back to the land of the blogful luv. ;o)

    Got some new train material for ya.

    SD

     
  • At 8/5/06 1:01 PM, Blogger Brea said…

    Glad to see you back in such a good mood! Lots of good things going on here.

    If you can run 3 miles, you can do a 5K race. Most people aren't in it for the competition, just the challenge. Where did you find the motivation?

     
  • At 8/5/06 9:21 PM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said…

    girlie, what's good.

    a lot to munch on.
    first i have to bite at the lil kim shit. i am not all for ignorance and the face lifts and shit, but the fact of the matter is it doesn't matter what our opinions are of her face -- she has to be comfortable with it, and if this is the only way, so be it.

    she did take it back with the no snitching thing, but really, at least she raps the life she lives, unlike some.

    secondly, i am with brea, 5k aint nothing. and if you are doing 3 mi, kudos to you. i been lazy this year, cant front lol.

    happy to hear you are happy :).

     
  • At 9/5/06 8:49 AM, Blogger chrome said…

    wassup brooklyn babe. been away huh?

    I bought the last album and ish grew on me. "No snitching" is the biz.

    Free L'il Kim (... and mumia)

     
  • At 11/5/06 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i watched 1 episode about li'l kim...
    i felt so bad for her...

    and i had nitemare after that... jail is just so scary.

     
  • At 12/5/06 4:46 PM, Blogger SP said…

    Hey Babe,

    It's good to see you back, even if it's just for a minute.

     
  • At 12/5/06 6:27 PM, Blogger Didi Roby said…

    Hey Chica! You good? :)

     
  • At 13/5/06 10:37 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SHOUTS PEEPS!

    HAPPY MOMMAS DAY... TO ALL THE DADDIES WHO ARE MOMMIES TOO!

    Will be back, before weekends out...
    peace

     
  • At 15/5/06 8:38 PM, Blogger princessdominique said…

    I agree with you Free Lil Kim! I'll be in NY so we gotta hook up!

     
  • At 16/5/06 1:38 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ Princess.... you know what I'm saying!

     
  • At 16/5/06 1:38 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ Mizz Dee-Dee... yeah babes, I'm good!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 

About Me


Name: brooklyn babe
Home: Somewhere, East Coast, United States
About Me: Brooklyn (Bajan) Brit, who's finally carving her 30's niche, in this world. Look out Oprah here I come!
Since, You wanna know...

Bk Babe Present
Bk Babe Past
Links
Affiliates

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape